Thursday, May 30, 2013

FTSF ~ My favorite movie of all time is...

TGIF!!! I love short weeks!! This is going to be a busy weekend though so I will be complaining that it went to fast come Monday. Don't say I didn't warn you, haha!

OK, onto this weeks finish the sentence topic!

My favorite movie of all time is...
 
This is a tough one because I am not a movie watcher. I can't understand how people can watch movies over and over. I also don't understand the point in buying them on DVD. The kids movies are one thing because they will watch them 1,000 times and never get tired of them but a regular adult movie I just don't get. I also don't get buying TV shows on DVD. The last movie I saw in the theater was the final Twilight movie. Yes, I LOVED the Twilight series. No judging!

I don't have a childhood favorite like I am sure most people do. You are totally thinking I am a weirdo now, aren't you!? It's OK, I can take it. I get that crazy look from people all the time when I say I am not a movie person. I have seen some good ones over the years though and if I had to pick one that I really liked and would (and have) watch again it would be Law Abiding Citizen. 


It is an awesome movie that keeps you guessing the whole time. I was shocked I liked it because if I am going to watch a movie I definitely prefer "chick flicks" but this one is just that good. Let me also add I, under no circumstances, watch scary movies. I will have horrible nightmares after and Matt can contest to that.

If you have never seen this movie go to a Redbox ASAP and rent it. You will be glad you did!

What is your all time favorite movie!?

10 comments:

Janine Huldie said...

No judging, but I have never seen this movie but I am totally open to all suggestions and thank you for sharing that here Krystle. But can agree that I too didn't really have a favorite kid's movie either. Thank you for linking up with us again and try to enjoy your weekend. We too will be quite busy!!

Mary Hill said...

This movie is a new one on me too. I have not seen it. I get that you are not a "movie" person. My husband rarely wathces tv and only goes to the movies to see kid movies. At first, I couldn't get him to go see Star Trek into the Darkness with me. But then my daughter wanted to see, thankfully. We went to see it. Loved it. I enjoyed reading your post today. My favorite movie is on my blog at: http://mary-anderingcreatively.blogspot.com/ Hope you will come and find out. :)

Unknown said...

GASP...not a movie watcher? ;)

Thank you so much for linking up with #FTSF this week.

Law Abiding Citizen was good. My husband "called it" right away. I hate suspenseful movies, but wanted to try to prove him wrong. Oops...

Linda Roy said...

wow, that is a total kick some ass testosterone choice, mama! good on you! husbands everywhere are nudging their wives and telling them to be more like you. you're making me feel bad i dragged my husband to "the piano". lol

Unknown said...

Great choice! I loved this movie! It had everything: explosions, intrigue, Gerard Butler, and that effing AWESOME telephone scene where the phone rings and her head explodes. Hubby and I have watched this movie at least two dozen times. :)

Kristi Campbell said...

Oh no! Turns out that I've missed so many great movies. I've never seen this one. And no judging re: Twilight. I read all of the books.

Clark Farley said...

but!...but!!! but ya gotta see movies multiple times*
interesting pick though I loved Gerard Butler in 'Shoot 'em Up'
Interesting point about not seeing same movie over again... I have friends who totally won't see the same thing more than once, but then I have others who will watch until they know who the Key Grip on the closing credit's name.


* how else can you memorize lines of dialogue??**
** you *don't* memorize dialogue?!? lol

Anonymous said...

Adding this one to my list ... to rent, not buy. ;) I'm one of those people who watches movies over and over, but that's because I'm an insomniac, and it's the only way I can fall asleep. I can't shut my brain off, so I turn on something I've seen before to stand half a chance at tuning it out and drifting off at some point. [#FTSF]

JenKehl.com said...

Dude... I couldn't even watch that movie the whole way through. My sister and I walked out the first 5 minutes, left the husbands there and went to see Couple's Retreat. That's how shallow I am!

Unknown said...

Although I did like this movie, I admit I was surprised this was your pick after saying you aren't really a movie person. It's good to keep us guessing! ;)