Sunday, October 23, 2011

Parenting...It's not for everybody!

    There are many things I can say about being a parent that brings me pure happiness. The smiles on my children's faces, how they look so peaceful when they sleep, watching them experience new and exciting things, and most of all the unconditional love that you get from them. Once you become a parent, your life is no longer about you. Selfishness ends and every decision you make, every penny you spend, every action you take, it is all done with that little person in mind. They don't belong to you, you belong to them. You need to be a strong role model for your children and teach them morals, values, respect, responsibility etc. Sometimes you make mistakes, but you need to learn from them and keep going. You should play, laugh and smile with your kids as much as you teach them. Being a parent means you sacrifice your needs for your child's. No matter what it is. It's amazing how many "parents" there are in this world that feel its okay to pawn their kids off and only take responsibility when its convenient for them. Parenting is something you can't just start and stop when you want to or have time for. I love being home with my kids everyday and seeing the world through their eyes. Does it get stressful?! Yes, but if it didn't I wouldn't be human. My kids are my world and the have made me a better person.

These are a few quotes that I love on parenting...

“To be in your children’s memories tomorrow, you have to be in their lives today”
- Anonymous

“Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body”
- Elizabeth Stone

Always kiss your children goodnight. Even if they are already asleep
- H. Jackson Brown, Jr.




Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory



0 comments: