Sunday, September 2, 2012

Lucas(and life) 1 month update!



The last 4 weeks have been hectic, emotional, exhausting and wonderful! Logan and Abby started school on the 21st and they both LOVE it. Abby comes home so excited to tell me about her day. Logan is just happy to be back in school so he can run laps on the black top. Those were his words exactly. Let me just say, he didn't get his love for running from me that's for sure. They come home and can't wait to see Lucas. We have hand sanitizer on the table in the living room and they both come right in and use it so they can touch him. I love how much they love their little brother.

Lucas is getting big too fast. I met with the lactation consultant last Thursday and was able to weigh him and he is up to 8lb 15oz! Mommy's milk is getting the job done! I have decided he has one cry for everything. He doesn't cry often but when he does, watch out!

Ever hear the saying, light as a feather stiff as a board?! Well that is Lucas when he gets mad. He loves to be held and I don't have a problem with that! Logan liked to be held also, but Abby didn't so I am enjoying getting to snuggle with him all the time.

Matt and I are both exhausted. By 8pm we both are struggling to stay awake. Lucas eats every 3 hours but goes for 4-5 hours after his midnight/1am feeding. Matt is awesome and gets up too in the middle of the night even though he has to work. I must say I have a pretty amazing, supportive, and loving husband. I am definitely one lucky lady!

We are starting to settle into a routine around here. I have tackled solo outings with Lucas and they were a success! Logan and Abby have adjusted wonderfully to have a little brother (which if you know me, was a worry of mine). LIFE IS GOOD!

Here are few pictures of what's been going on around here!

First day of school!

Our BOYS!

Yep, this is what we do all day!

LOVE my boys!

Our silly girl!

1 comments:

Mia @ The Chronicles of Chaos said...

So glad that you guys are settling in and that baby Lucas is doing so well! I gave away our other baby clothes, but once he gets big enough for 12 month size clothing and above, let me know! Don't buy anything, you can have ours and save the money. :)