Sunday, November 25, 2012

Turkey Day 2012

Wow, the last 4 days went by so fast. They started off a rocky...Tuesday around 4pm I started to feel sick. I had a headache, my stomach was feeling off and I had a fever of 101.4 with chills. I took some ibprofen and feel asleep in the recliner. When I woke up the chills were gone but my fever was now 102.4 and I was feeling worse. It was time for me to pump and when I did my right side was over the top sore. I knew exactly what was wrong with me, MASTITIS!

I have feared getting it since Lucas was born because from what I heard, you feel like you were hit by a mac truck and that is exactly how I felt. I called the my midwife and she called me in an antibiotic. The kids were off Wednesday and Matt had to work so I was on my own. It was a rough day to say the least but by that evening I was feel much better. By Thursday morning my fever was gone and I was able to enjoy Thanksgiving at my parent with my family.

Logan and Abby had a blast playing with all their cousins. The food was delicious and the icing on the cake was the Redskins whooping up on the Cowboys!!! HTTR!!!

Matt and Logan ran the turkey trot that morning with the rest of my family. I stayed home with Lucas because I didn't want to push my luck since I had just started feeling better. I was bad and didn't take very many pictures this year but here are some.





Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Sweet pictures and I are hope you are feeling much much better!

beckyj @ A Lazy Crazy Life said...

Oh no, mastitis sucks!! So thankful I only had it once in over 3 years total (between 3 kids) of nursing. But it was definitely one time too many. Glad you're feeling better!

And that sock monkey hat is just too freakin' cute!