Monday, February 4, 2013

Lucas Parker ~ 6 months!

How is my boy 6 months already?!?! I mean really, time please slow down. This month has been full of firsts for him. He rolled back to belly this past month and does it almost every time you put him on his back now. He will do belly to back if he gets mad enough, haha! He ALWAYS has his hands in his mouth and watching him suck on his thumb is so stinkin cute! ...Shhh, don't tell daddy! The rolls and chunkiness are still over the top adorable. He loves jumping in his jumper still and that is where he spends most of his time during the day because that's where he's happiest. I am sure you all know he had his first illness as well this past month. When he got up from his nap on a Monday, I noticed he had a fever so, not wanting to take it lightly, I took him in and sure enough he tested positive for the flu. It was so hard not being able to do anything to make him better. I really missed his sweet smile for that week. He is back to his smiley self now. His 6 month check up is not until the 12th of this month but at the sick visit appt he weighed 19lb 1oz. We have moved him into 9 month clothes and he is still in size 3 diapers. He is eating solids twice a day and an average of 28oz of breast milk.

I made my pumping goal of 6 months, YAY! I am having mixed emotions about weaning. Never in a million years did I think it would be this hard emotionally to stop. My supply took a big hit the week Lucas was sick because I ended up with a stomach bug. I am only pumping around 20-24oz a day so we are having to use a bag or two of frozen everyday. I am very proud of myself for exclusively pumping this long. The plan from this point forward is to pump what I can and when my milk dries up that's when I'll be done. That is easier for me to handle emotionally than quitting all together. Maybe I will make it to a year! ;)

Here are his 6 month update pictures. He wasn't very interested in being photographed this month. Looking at daddy and eating the blanket must have been more fun!

5 comments:

Mia @ The Chronicles of Chaos said...

I can't believe it's been 6 months already! Love his long legs. :)

Desiree Macke said...

It goes so fast! If you find the pause button to life please let me know where I can find it.
I heart those rolly polly legs! My little monkey is losing his as he finds his walking legs. *tear*

melanie @nowaqueen said...

so sweet! You better start planning his first birthday! It is coming up FAST!

Jen said...

Oh he is just too cute for words!! :) Happy 6 months!

Kristine -Heart Shaped Sweat said...

hehe!! he is too cute! This gives me baby fever!!