Sunday, May 5, 2013

Weekend Recap and 2nd Northern Va Blogger Meetup!

This weekend I was, once again, reminded why I love blogging so much. Saturday was the 2nd NoVA blogger meetup. We were missing a few ladies from the first one but added a fabulous new lady to the group, Gayle from A Gayle Force! You should totally check out her blog.

I car pooled again with two of my favorite friends/bloggers, Mia and Melanie.
We met everyone at Uncle Julio's Mexican restaurant in Woodbridge. Trying to be a good girl and watch my calories, I got the fish tacos and only ate the rice and one taco.
I was surprised by the salsa! It was really yummy and I ate way too much of it. Maybe my taste buds are maturing now that I am 30, haha! After good food and conversation we got our group picture and headed our separate ways. ...Until next time!


Can't wait to see everyone again! If you are in the Northern VA area and want more information about our meetup,  contact Mia. We would love to have you join us!

When I got home we just relaxed around the house. I made Turkey Taco salad for dinner. I was not thinking that dinner through when I planned it that morning but we love Mexican food around here so it was fine with us. After dinner we went outside for a little bit and threw the baseball around.

Sunday, Logan had baseball practice then we hit the grocery store. Can I just say eating healthy is EXPENSIVE! We had steak and squash for dinner which was not very "Cinco De Mayo" like but I had my fill of Mexican the day before.

Hope everyone has a FABULOUS week! I am headed to Chick Fil A Monday evening with Logan for Mother Son Knight. Lucas will join us next time when he is eating actual food, ha!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Such a great weekend you had! :)

melanie @nowaqueen said...

haha, thanks for pointing out my baby bump! It needed to be shown more! I'll remember that for next time!

SEL said...

Looks like y'all had a blast!!

Anonymous said...

I love the name of this blog. So true and so welcomed. Thrilled to be following you now!

www.thetastefultillys.com

Shannah @ Just Us Four said...

I had no idea you were from Northern VA! I live in NOVA too! I am so bummed I missed the meet up. I really want to try and meet more NOVA/DC bloggers.