Thursday, September 1, 2011

getting back to normal...finally

This week has been a long, slow week! Matt worked 16-18 hours a day, for the last 4 days because of the hurricane. I know that he is exhausted from the lack sleep and constant hustle the last 4 days. The poor kids are so ready to see their daddy and I am ready to spend more than 30 mins with him before going to bed. I am, however, VERY happy that at least he has been home to sleep next to me at night. I have been worn out by the end of each day because the kids and I have stayed busy. Logan of course is in school during the day and Abby and I do stuff during the day to help pass the time. Sunday we had a great day of shopping and lunch with Valerie and the kids. Monday, Logan headed to school and Abby and I hung around the house so I could clean and do laundry. Then, Tuesday was lunch with the girls, (Crystal and Valerie). I am not sure what I would have done without them this week. Spending time with them, helped keep me sane because I at least got to have adult conversation with someone since Matt was gone. Thanks ladies! Then yesterday was the gym, lunch, shopping and Chuck E Cheese in the evening to celebrate Valerie and Daryl's (Matt's co-worker) youngest sons 4th birthday!

Matt came home an hour early tonight and the kids went CRAZY! It melts my heart to see them with their daddy! When he left to go get us something to eat for dinner they were so eager to go with him! Abby was still in her PJ's and had no care in the world. We are so ready for this three day holiday weekend. We are going to make the most of it that's for sure! ♥

Matt (dark shirt on the right) and his co-workers getting ready to head out for the day! 
Just a sample of what REC was up against during the restoration process! 

0 comments: