Monday, October 10, 2011

Fall Decorations!

    I am so excited about my fall decorations I got yesterday! The hubby, kids and I set out to find some decor that could go on our new fireplace mantel shelf! I have not had a place to really display anything so once we got the shelf for above our fireplace (something I have wanted since we moved in) I wanted to decorate it right away!

    Our first stop was at Marshall's. Last year I got a great inexpensive fabric halloween countdown calendar that the kids LOVE! So, that was the first place I thought of to check out for fall stuff. Unfortunately I think I was a little late because they didn't have much left to choose from and what was left was damaged. It was a real bummer. I did find one thing, a wood hanging "FALL" sign. As soon as I saw it I knew I could just take the string off it and use it to just stand up on the mantel! Worked out GREAT! They kids wondered around trying to get me to buy crazy halloween decor, like witches and haunted houses but it was just not want this momma was looking for! ;)

    Our next stop was Kohl's. They didn't have much left either. I did find two porcelain pumpkins that I liked and the best part was, they were 50% off! Maybe being late is not so bad after all! Here are some pictures of the finished product!









PLEASE don't forget to vote for my blog! Just click on this link...



Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!
Thank you! :)


0 comments: